Sell your Magic: The Gathering Cards
Do you have an old collection of Magic: The Gathering cards gathering dust, or are you looking turn parts of your collection into cash for other life needs?
Gamezenter would love to purchase your Magic: The Gathering cards.
Here is how it works:
- Set up an evaluation appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (While walk-ins are welcome, our card-buyer may not be in the store or may not have the time required to give your collection a fair look. You may also leave your collection with Gamezenter for evaluation (in this case, you’ll be required to sign a damage and loss waiver for the cards).
- You must be 18-years or older and will be required to show an ID. If you are younger than 18, then your parent or legal guardian must be the seller of record (and must accompany you).
- You will need to sign a statement certifying that you are the true owner of the cards.
- Sales under $300 will typically be paid out by cash, and sales over $300 will be paid by check (check will be sent in the mail within a 3 business days).
- If you sell more than $600 worth of cards to Gamezenter in a given year, you’ll need to fill out a W-9 tax form. In this case, Gamezenter will issue you a 1099 tax form at the start of the new year.
What To Expect
Gamezenter values you cards by first scanning them and then comparing each individual card to the “buy list” pricing of the general market (we subscribe to TCGPlayer Pro, which gives us access to global market information). This provides a good average of what professional buyers are purchasing each cards for in the market.
Gamezenter will base our offer for your cards on the marketplace buying prices. We will then offer you either a cash payment, or a 30% higher payment if you will accept store credit in lieu of cash.
What sort of value can I expect from my cards?
Buying prices tend to range from 15% to 60% off the Market Price (being the selling price that you see on TCG player).
That sounds low, why not sell them myself?
When buying cards, Gamezenter assumes the risk, work, selling-fees, and labor cost in reselling the cards; and as a business we need to make a profit on resale. You will almost certainly make more per card if you sell them individually using one of the online marketplaces, but of course, you’d then need to handle the administration, selling-fees, shipping, customer-service, and other work––and this over a longer period of time. For very high-value cards, we recommend that you sell them yourself, or through specialty dealers that may authenticate and grade your high-value cards.
Will all my cards be worth something?
Unfortunately, most cards have little to no value. Even if you find online that they may be worth a few cents, the cost of handling these in a bundle of more-valuable cards.
Do you Buy Cards from Other Card Games Like Pokemon, YuGiOh, or Flesh & Blood?
Sorry, at this time we only buy single cards from Magic: the Gathering, although we may add other card game lines in the future.